Who we are
Brantford is a community-minded, rural church family. We seek to share the love and mercy found through the saving sacrifice of Jesus Christ for everyone! We desire to journey together in spiritual growth, seeking the will of God, the Creator.
Our beginnings date back to the late 1860’s when a group of Swedish immigrants settled in the Brantford Community (north and east of Clyde, Kansas). These folks felt the need of gathering together for worship. As is common with a long standing group, our heritage includes many changes, born out of both joy and hardship. One milestone was joining the denomination of the Evangelical Covenant Church in 1954.
Over time and through change, faithfulness to salvation through grace and adherence to the truth of the Word of God have remained constant. Growing from this history, we aspire to continue to share the good news of Christ in a way that is relevant to our current community. With this in mind our multi-generational congregation gathers each Sunday for Coffee Time, adult and children’s Sunday School and a blended worship service. Praise band music, hymns, jeans and dress clothes are all welcome. Childcare is provided in our church nursery during the 10:30 a.m. worship service. Many other opportunities for study, growth and service are found each week and throughout the year at Brantford.
“One Church – Two Buildings”
We view the Church as the people, not a building or buildings, but God has blessed us with two facilities to worship, seek and serve at: the original “Brantford” church in its beautiful rural setting and “the Branch” located conveniently in Clyde, Kansas.
(See “Locations” tab for more information.)